Offer: Boston, MA, US Tue, Sep 14 '21 Job Captain :Brick.
Job location:Boston, MA, US
Published:Tue, Sep 14 '21
brick.friendly, unconventional, can-do architects. We are a growing Oakland-located architecture firm and are establishing a presence in the Boston area to better serve our East Coast projects and seek a Job Captain for our satellite office.
The Job Captain candidate is tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and resourceful, demonstrating skill and ingenuity. They are abreast of current technical, code and sustainable design practices. Knowledge and practice in all phases of architectural project delivery. Dexterity in 3D and BIM modeling (Revit/SketchUp) is required.
At brick, you work alongside capable, resourceful, and adaptable team members who are dedicated to happy clients and great design within a collaborative studio environment.
position is full-time with benefits.
· flexible paid time off
· 401(k) with contributions
· full medical, dental, & vision
· life & discapability
· continuing education & professional development
· significant function in the development of design documents for highly complex projects or a primary function in moderately complex projects.
· Lead small projects.
· Assist in design concepts and create visualizations.
· Coordinate and manage tasks for project stakeholders.
· Work closely with senior staff to ensure the development of high-quality technical documents that meet schedule constraints.
· Coordinate with managers for guidance and proactive troubleshooting.
· Attend and document stakeholder meetings.
· Take an active function in fostering a culture of rigor in the work of project teams.
· Proactively implement firm-wide initiatives that develop and enhance technical and design standards.
· Mentor internal junior staff to guide and engage in proactive troubleshooting.
· Participate in activities that strengthen our company culture.
· Bachelor's degree in architecture (master's degree preferred)
· 6+ years of practice in an architecture office (internships not counted)
· Demonstrated capability to deliver quality documents
· Thorough knowledge of architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and fundamental knowledge of building systems
· Working knowledge of Massachusetts building codes
· Professional verbal, written and graphic communication expertise
· Highly proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software (SketchUp/Rhino/3D Max)
· Fluent in Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
· Team oriented, deadline driven, with a desire to work in a collaborative environment with design team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
· Proficiency in Lumion/Vray a plus!
A full-service architecture and interiors firm located in Oakland, brick. is known for solving tricky design puzzles on complex urban infill sites and in education environments to expand what’s possible in the built environment and create value for our clients. Our diverse portfolio includes mixed-use commercial office, higher education, and multifamily residential.
brick. thrives on great ideas and initiative. We utilize the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. We like coffee. and bikes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples (including academic and professional) to E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Job Captain” in the subject line.View your Application History