Job Offer: Boston, MA, US Tue, Sep 14 '21 Project Architects :Brick.
Job location:Boston, MA, US
Published:Tue, Sep 14 '21
brick.friendly, unconventional, can-do architects. We are a growing Oakland-located architecture firm, establishing a presence in the Boston area to better serve our East Coast projects. We seek both a Project Architect and a Senior Project Architect for our satellite office. At brick, you work alongside capable, resourceful, and adaptable team members who are dedicated to happy clients and great design within a collaborative studio environment.
Our desired candidates are resourceful team leaders and creative thinkers, combined with practiced organizational skills. They are adept with technical, code and sustainable design practices, with an emphasis in construction administration and the capability to preserve design intent. They exemplify firm-wide leadership abilities, bringing technical skills, management best practices, and a passion to improve the performance of our team.
Our architects work with clients to establish and manage goals, project fees, schedules, construction budgets, and work plans from concept through completion. Our architects’ mentor junior staff members, contribute significantly to the success and growth of the firm, and guide their own professional development and interests.
Proficiency in 3D and BIM modeling (Revit/SketchUp)/coordination is required.
position is full-time with benefits.
· flexible paid time off
· 401(k) with contributions
· full medical, dental, & vision
· life & discapability
· continuing education & professional development
· easily accessible by a variety of public transportation options
· Author of technical documents for complex projects.
· Lead technical coordination of project drawings and documents across team members and design consultants.
· Review and modify schedules, specifications, and drawings.
· Regularly collaborate and meet with key stakeholders to ensure design goals are properly addressed all over document development and project delivery.
· Monitor construction progress to assure proper installation sequences, schedule compliance, contract requirements and state and local regulations.
· Make recommendations, resolve jobsite problems, and coordinate to the contract documents.
· Attend regular site meetings.
· Respond to and complete requests for information (RFI).
· Demonstrated capability to work on multiple projects while meeting budget and schedule constraints.
· Build trust with clients via strategic and intentional decision-making.
· Take an active function in fostering a culture of rigor in the work of project teams.
· Mentor internal staff.
· Participate in initiatives to develop and enhance technical and design standards.
· Collaborate around activities that strengthen our company culture.
· Bachelor's degree in architecture (master's degree preferred)
· PA – 6+ years and SPA - 10+ years of practice in an architecture office (internships not counted)
· Architect's license and / or contractors in the State of Massachusetts required
· Dexterity in technical detailing, coordination, and design skills
· Professional verbal, written and graphic communication skills
· Proven capability to coordinate and direct in-house teams
· Skillful analytical thinking and problem solving
· practice with preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
· Robust expertise of codes
· Solid planning skills
· Highly proficient in Revit and other 3D modeling software (SketchUp/Rhino)
· Fluent in Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
A full-service architecture and interiors firm located in Oakland, brick. is known for solving tricky design puzzles on complex urban infill sites and in education environments to expand what’s possible in the built environment and create value for our clients. Our diverse portfolio includes mixed-use commercial office, higher education, and multifamily residential.
brick. thrives on great ideas and initiative. We utilize the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. We like coffee. and bikes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
Please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include either “Project Architect or Senior Project Architect” in the subject line.View your Application History